Saturday, April 02, 2005

'splanation

Regarding "God bless Saturday!", I feel I should explain what contributed to this anxiety about school and earning a decent living for myself, etc...

Earlier today, in a work-related conversation regarding one of the clients in the program, the individual I was speaking to said to me, "I don't think you understand. I know what you are trying to do in giving these guys more choices in things, but I don't think you're getting it -- some people can't make those choices."

The topic of our conversation is not really that important. Aside from that, if I were to attempt to explain it, it would become very lengthy, and I would once again feel as if I were trying to defend my position on the matter. And I would venture to say that you, the reader, probably do not care what my position is, or what the matter is. :)

Needless to say, though, that being told very plainly that, after working with the same clients for nearly 4 years, I do not understand their needs or abilities (or lack thereof), I realized how incredibly ignorant I remain despite my best efforts to understand. That is not to say that I thought I had it all together...I am constantly surprised by the people I work with. However, I realize I still have SO much to learn, and that the only way I will be able to do that and move on to greater things in this field is to go to school.

It's already April, and the dreaded REGISTRATION is fast approaching. Oy!

I kinda wish real life was like "The Matrix", and I could just upload the knowledge I need in a matter of seconds, and...voila!...I have all the knowledge I need.

But life isn't like "The Matrix", is it? I'll get you for this, Keanu. You had me convinced
!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]