Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Travels With A Whip

Okay, so it's the title of a "naughty book" that a friend of mine had. I've never read it, but the title popped into my consciousness tonight as I was packing for my brief work-related trip that commences tomorrow.
I hate packing. Even for short trips. I try to bring everything I will need, and a few things I just think I might need if the conditions are absolutely ideal for their use (for example, I am taking gym clothes, just in case there is a gym at the hotel), and probably a lot of things I will not use (for example, the bathing suit that, when it gets right down to it, I probably will be too shy to wear). It is hard to condense your life into one small bag.
I am going to a conference on job coaching people with disabilities. I have no idea how to job coach anybody, particularly those who have special needs, so I am sure that this conference will be informative, if nothing else. I am not particularly thrilled about going, both because I do not want to be away for two days for something work related, and I'm also not entirely comfortable with the person accompanying me (nice girl, but so very different from myself on all levels), and I just do not like leaving home. That said, maybe it will be nice to get out of my element for a couple of days.
Anyway, so I'll be gone for a couple of days, and probably won't post again until some time Friday night. Enjoy the break! lol

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]