Sunday, May 15, 2005

Danger

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -Albert Einstein

This is a very inspiring quote, in light of the things I am facing at work. What has been done to me there, and what is continually perpetuated against the consumers of the program, is nothing short of evil in my eyes. When the weak are silenced, and those who speak for them are persecuted, there is evil at work.

I must keep this in mind during my 2 remaining work days, and during my exit interview. I must have courage, and pray that the truth will surface.

Throughout my work day yesterday, I was repeatedly struck with the sadness of the situation. I am sad to be leaving my job, and sad for what it means for the consumers I am leaving behind. I am sad when I consider all the time and energy and passion I've put in to my job, only to have it end on this note, with still no explanation to me regarding the whys and wherefores of the changes that have taken place in my work duties.

I feel sad when I think of how hard I worked to get my life back together after my world collapsed in 1999, and how this job helped me do that. It is sad and sickening to me that, after all that, I have to walk away with nothing but a knife in my back. I am praying for understanding, and more than that, that I will not harbor any bitterness or a thirst for vengence. I want justice, but the vengence part is not mine.

It does put things in perspective, though, in this big corporate world we live in. When all is said and done, it all comes down to a resignation letter, after which, you might as well have never been there.

Comments:
I'll be praying for your exit interview.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]