Thursday, May 19, 2005

Surprise

Today brought some very unexpected surprises.

I am still out of a job, and have no prospects there. However, God has provided for me financially, and I now have more than enough money to stay caught up on my bills and stay afloat for awhile until I find work.

The first surprise came in the form of a phone call. I didn't feel like talking on the phone, so I let my voice mail pick it up. Later, when I checked, it turned out to be a message from the general manager of a car dealership with whom I've been feuding for about a year. I returned my car to them last December, and have been fighting for six months to get a refund on my service contract. Nearly a month ago, I got the state attorney general's office involved, but had not heard anything. Well, today, the general manager called, said they had recieved my complaint from the AG's office, and I could come in and sign for my refund.

So, I went in, and I was told they had no idea I had been asking for the refund, yadda yadda yadda...and the end result is, I am getting back the full refund, not being charged for the use of the vehicle for the time I had it. Woohoo!!

That, coupled with my paycheck and vacation pay coming next Friday, will be very helpful.

I also received a letter from the college today regarding my financial aid, and my classes for the fall semester are taken care of.

All in all, a day of unexpectedly wonderful things. It's kind of sad when I am surprised that God is actually true to His word.

I did see Herbie tonight, but we did not talk very much. I can't figure him out. Hot and cold. But that's okay. I've got other things to deal with at the moment.

Comments:
Yes, that sounds familiar! God has brought unexpected resolve to forgotten issues in my life many times. I wonder if he makes us forget just so he can see the look on our faces when he surprises us!

Well, of course, there's exercising our faith, too. ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]