Wednesday, July 06, 2005

And then...

So, I haven't been able to post for a few days, as I have no computer of my own at this time. I truly hate that. But, I am happy to report that it appears to be a fairly inexpensive repair that is needed, so I will be able to fix it shortly after I begin work.

Work. Now there's a story.

I have two job interviews tomorrow. One with a farm market, and one with a private golf club. Could there be two more polar opposites? One industry powered by the steam of the lower working class, and one industry whose wheels are greased with the money of the upper crust. Hmm...

Anyway, about the farm market...A couple weeks ago, I went in and filled out an application at a local cherry processing place. They offer a ton of overtime during the harvest, and since I need the money, I figured, I could tolerate that for a few weeks, if I just stay focused on the money. The woman who took my application told me to take a couple days and think about which shift I would like to work, then give her a call back. I did, and when I called her back, I asked her if she possibly had any other work for me to do besides sorting cherries. She told me she had been looking for another position for me, and then told me that her daughter might have a job for me at her farm market. She told me she would talk to her daughter and see about it, and she thinks I would be a great asset to the store.

Keep in mind, all I did was fill out a very brief application, which did not even ask me what kind of work I'd done previously. It only asked for the names of my past employers...no job description. But, this woman was, for whatever reason, quite impressed with me, to the point that she was going out of her way to find me a better position.

So, she called her daughter, then called me back, and told me to set up an interview with her daughter. So, I did, and her daughter said she is very excited to meet me. So, we are meeting tomorrow.

I find the whole thing very odd, in the sense that I only went in to get a lowly job processing cherries, fully aware of how much those jobs really suck...really...and I never expected to be offered something better simply by going in and filling out my application. But, my sister thinks...and perhaps is correct...that God is showing me favor, and giving me something He knows I will enjoy.

We shall see what comes of this.

My other interview is with a gentleman from the church who is looking to hire a whole slew of people for very good paying jobs with full benefit packages, and he wants to give people from the church first crack at the jobs. This job does not start until mid-August, so if I am hired, I can still do the farm market job until then.

We shall see what comes of this, also.

I am eager to get back to work, because I have become extraordinarily lazy over the last few weeks. Getting back into real life is going to be a transition I'm not looking forward to. I've become accustomed to sleeping in, taking naps, going swimming, etc...as I please, and not having to punch a time card. BUT, I'm not getting paid to do any of that, so I guess I need to go back to work. lol

God has been good. I have had a time of refreshing, and through it all, He has seen to it that my most basic needs have been met. I've had enough money to get to and from church and job interviews, I've had a roof over my head, and food to eat. I've had the time to make peace with certain things about my last job, and to reassess my own goals and priorities in light of these events. I've had a month of being able to relax and enjoy things, spending time with my little niece that I just can't get enough of, and yet also coming to the realization of how very much I need to move out of my parent's home and start a life of my own. And all of these things are things I've been able to do with the luxury of time and the cool-headed perspective that luxury affords. No rush. No pressure. Just answers that have come quietly.

When I look over the last few weeks, it seems like this whole thing started out as a horrible storm, ripping my life apart as it came through with its fury. After the storm swept through, I was left standing in the middle of a life I hardly recognized anymore, and I had no idea what to do. I only knew that, in the middle of it, God was there, and He was bigger than what I was facing.

Now, as the rubble left by that storm has been picked up, and pieced together, my life doesn't look like something in shambles, being held together with wire and duct tape...No, when I look at it, it looks like something that was constructively deconstructed, and put back together to be something completely new and other than what it was. Put back together, not to be another version of what it used to be, but to be a life unlike what I've known before.

I don't think God is finished yet. I think He has plans that go beyond my just getting a job and an income. I am believing He is going to open the door for me to move, and that He already has a place chosen for me, and He is going to provide the necessary means for me to move into it. I feel as though something altogether new is being birthed in my life, and this is only the beginning of it.

Comments:
This post is about faith. We tend to think we are faithful when we have our success stories figured out ahead of time. But faith is a blind leap - and sometimes stumble - into God's hands. We don't see it until we look back on it; we don't realize at the time we're made of the same stuff as Abraham.

Thanks for sharing your faith walk!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]