Friday, September 30, 2005

Opportunity knockin'

Today was a good day. I met with a sergeant at the county sheriff's office to interview him for my midterm for Intro to Criminal Justice, and the interview was very informative. At the very least, I know I will have to leave this area to pursue the type of career I am interested in, because this county's criminal justice system and mental health system seem to operate seamlessly...so, it's on to more troubled territories. ha!

At Oasis tonight, I had a wonderful time of fellowship with friends that grow more dear to me every time I see them.

Herbie is leaving for a mission's trip to Africa on Saturday, and I am praying that God will protect him and the rest of his team, use them mightily, and bring them home to us safely. We hugged, gave each other a friendly kiss on the cheek, and I told him to have a safe trip. I love him tremendously just as he is, but I know God is going to use this trip to refine him. I can't wait to see him when he returns!

There was also news tonight of the church forming a missions trip to Lousiana to assist those affected by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. This news was very welcome, because I have been wanting desperately to help those people, but have felt utterly unable to do it. I very much want to go on this trip, and I know that if it is within God's will for me to do so, He will provide the financing.

Apparently, the church is going to pay for our food while we are there, but the majority of the financing for the trip has to come from the individuals going. I so much want to be a part of this, so we'll see what God has in store. The planning and logistics of the trip are only in their very early stages of development, so there are a lot of unanswered questions right now regarding the specifics.

I'll keep my faithful reader(s) updated as this progresses.

All in all, today feels remarkably more productive than my days have felt in a long while. I have a greater sense of direction and purpose, and my confidence that God is working in ways I cannot see is once again renewed.

Comments:
As one of your faithful reader(s), I'm always encouraged by your journey.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]