Friday, September 16, 2005

Will the fun ever stop???

I am eagerly waiting for the crap tide to recede. Any day now, it is going to happen.

However, for today, God has seen fit that I should endure just a little more discipline. And since His word tells us that He disciplines those He loves, I suppose I can count myself blessed.

My day was going well enough. I picked up my check from the last job I had, and was going in to town to buy some khaki pants for my new job, which I start tomorrow. I was happy with the thought of being able to put gas in my car, add minutes to my cell phone, and so forth. I was talking with a friend of mine as I pulled into Tom's Market, and we were having a good conversation. All in all, I was having a great day.

I found a parking spot, parked and shut off the car, and heard the most horrible sounds coming from somewhere under the hood on the passenger's side of the car.

"Oh my...Mark, can you hear that? I think my car is dying!"

"Yeah, I can hear that! What's going on?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm getting out of this car before it explodes or something."

I exit the vehicle, still talking to Mark, and walk around to the passenger's side, where I see fluid gushing out under the vehicle, and steam rolling out from under the hood.

"Oh no, this is bad. There are oceans of fluid coming out of my car."

"Oh no. Do you need to call someone? Where are you?"

As I was telling him where I was, a young man came over to the car, who was an off-duty police officer, as it turned out...Though, I might have guessed by his opening statement.

"Looks like you've got a little problem here."


Indeed I did.

Making a long story short, he told me that I shouldn't drive the car any further, and I needed to get it looked at and fixed before I drove it anymore. (He also told me how to get some help with writing my midterm paper for Intro to Criminal Justice...bonus!)

Mark came to rescue from the parking lot, and deposited me at the mall where I could get my errands done. As my Triple A card had expired, I called my dad, who used his to get my car towed back to my house.

Later at Oasis, I shared my story, and someone offered me a car to drive while I am waiting to get mine fixed. Another person offered me a ride home...quite a drive...and ended up not charging me any money for gas. Both were tremendous blessings.

I am not sure what God is doing here. Not at all. It seems that, as soon as my life has some sense of normalcy, something comes along to throw it off kilter again. Almost as though God does not want me to get too comfortable in anything right now.

I am thankful things happened as they did today...I was in a parking lot instead of at the side of the road, I was on the phone with a friend who was ready to help me, there happened to be someone in the parking lot who was willing to help me, and I had friends at Oasis who were and are willing to help me until the situation stabilizes. All in all, I am very blessed, even though my car...is not.

God is good.

Comments:
Its amazing how much God allows us to experience. He won't give us more than we can endure, but geez we've had enough already. I understand when it seems everything is falling apart literally around you. We have faced that over and over. The wonderful thing is that you haven't been completely alone is this. God seems to continue to supply support of all kinds when you most need it. I can't wait for the day when you can finally discover God's whole plan in this. Still praying for you!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]