Sunday, January 29, 2006

Moving on

I can't say that today has brought a whole lot of comfort where yesterday's subject is concerned. However, I have concluded that this was a necessary injury designed to get me moving forward into something that holds promise, rather than holding tightly to what I've known for awhile I need to let go of.

I have known for awhile now that this season of my life was coming to a close. I have felt it with every fiber of my being, and it has been a bittersweet realization. If there was anything keeping me from truly taking the first steps toward whatever God has for me next, it has been the love and affection I feel for the people that are in my life right now, and all I associate with that. I have had a fearful reluctance to let them go and move forward on the path God has lead me to.
But, with all the turmoil and confusion and crying of the last few days, I have realized that the time has come to take proactive steps of faith, and move on.


When I considered getting involved with the church plant in Petoskey, I have said all along that I will get more involved after I'm able to move up that way. However, today, it occurred to me that the opposite is true...God will provide what I need to move, after I get involved. He will give me what I need, when I start living like I mean it.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to get more information on what is going on at the new church right now, and see how I can be involved in that. I am excited to see what doors God will open from this.

Is all the sadness and confusion tied up with a pretty bow and tucked away now? No. But, I can put it in some perspective now.

Comments:
My friend, you are a woman of faith.
 
Yet again, I can identify with your faith journey. You've pretty much described the past year! As you know, it was a huge faith step to relocate to Florida. And I went through a grieving process of being away from my New Hope family. No Patrick, Mark, and Craig, no Jeanette, no Monday night care group, no Oasis. Just me and God (and His provision has been amazing!). God has recently prompted me to take another faith step into making a membership commitment to another church. Finding a church home has been a lonely five-six month journey. I visited many churches, attending every Sunday with my checklist so that I could "find what I had at New Hope." Yet my spirit was never at peace. For a month, I stopped going altogether, I was getting so said that I wasn't finding a church home. Then something came in the mail regarding Christmas services from a church just around the block from me. The first service I attended was Christmas morning. Before I left, I prayed a prayer of surrender. I prayed to let go of New Hope and surrender to the new mission God had prepared for me. And he so blessed that. The service was amazing and spirit-filled. And the pastor's message centered around Isaiah 61; my favorite chapter in the Bible that changed my life. I knew I was where God wanted me. And my experience every week has been similiar. And I believe God is prompting me to make a commitment, and then he will continue to provide godly friends, community groups, etc. Who knows what new mission he has planned for me!

So God will bless the faith step you are taking to serve Him in Petoskey. He has big plans in store for you! That church planting is His doing, and He will bless the people serving as His hands and His feet there. Keep leaping out in faith and stand guard against the enemy's schemes!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]