Monday, January 02, 2006

Off to a good start

I did make it to the party on Saturday night, despite the blue funk that had been hanging over me for the last few days. The funk stayed with me for the first couple hours of the party, but a few hugs from Herbie and a disco groove later, I was feeling fine. I am glad I went.

I have been feeling unbelievably inadequate lately. As if, by this point in my life, there is so much more I should have accomplished. I should be on my own, established in a career, financially stable, perhaps married, and so on. Looking back at 2005, I feel as though this year, more than any other, seemed to highlight my shortcomings more than my successes.

But, as a good friend...and hostess...told me last night, there is nothing to be done about anything that happened in 2005, so there is no point on dwelling on it. And I suppose she is right. Precious time is wasted when dwelling on things that there is nothing to be done about.

I have to believe that God has good things in store for me this year. He has already lead me to a path that is full of promise for my future, and He continues to open doors and make provision for this path. Last year, even before the winds of change swept over the landscape of my life, I felt as though I was standing on the edge of something that would leave my life dramatically different before it was all over. And so it has. This year, I feel as though I have stepped over the threshold into blessing, and God has things in store for me that are so much bigger than I can even imagine.

I spent about two hours on the phone tonight, talking to another good friend about this and that...and he reminded me again of the precious time I waste in dwelling on things that are completely out of my hands. Just as this new career came about in God's timing, so will all the other desires of my heart. Of course, there was more to it than that, but that is the gist of it. And he is right. He was telling me something I already knew, but I needed to hear it.

May 2006 be a year of less time wasted on thinking of what I don't have, and more time celebrated in the great blessings God has already given me.

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

-Horace

Comments:
Happy New Year, Stephanie!

We set goals for our lives and they frequently become our task master instead of our walking stick. In the economy of God, even our steps that stray off His path are redeemed to His glory. You are walking in blessing every day.

"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Ps 51:7

"O Lord, you took up my case; you redeemed my life." Lam 3:58

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new." Rev 21:5

What a wonderful Savior.

Pat
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]