Monday, August 28, 2006

Strange

It is my third night in my new place, and I am realizing the truth of Patrick's observation...no matter where you go, there you are. It's funny how insecurities do not seem to change with the scenery. They are alwasy there, always the same. I didn't really expect to find anything different, I suppose. I am just amazed by the tenacity of the intangible things that follow me.

Nevertheless, I do love my new apartment. It is tiny, but already it is feeling very much like my own space. It is a wonderful place to come home to. It is a quiet place, excellent for thought and reflection. A great place for fellowship with good friends...though only one or two at a time, because that is all that will fit in here. I am still amazed that this has all come together for me.

It's odd, the things I'm going to have to grow accustomed to. I am so used to driving significant distances to work, church, etc...I'm finding that I simply do not know what to do with my time now that I don't have to do all that driving! I wouldn't say that I miss all the driving, but I will say that I do not know what to do now that I don't have to do it. It's just so weird.

It only took me three minutes to get to work this morning. I am still smiling about that.

Comments:
Yay! More time, less expense to drive, closer to friends - good times.

Praying for you as you settle in.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]