Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sweet Emotion

It is my first night in my new apartment. I am completely exhausted, but I am wonderfully happy.

It is strange, starting this new chapter in my life. I am fearful, wondering if I can do this, wondering if I can make it work. But, I am also confident that I can make it work, even if it might be difficult at times.

There are some things I'm already missing about my old place, though. One of them is coffee. I do not have a coffeemaker, and my parents do. I miss the coffee. Right now, I want coffee.

But, there are other things, too. I feel sad when I think about not being able to see my sweet little niece every day. She is very much the light of my life, and I feel such an emptiness when I think about not being able to watch her discover more of this world every day. The world is new to me when I see it through her eyes, and I will miss that view.

One of her newest things is her "tiny bit" stories. She enjoys "reading" stories to all of us, and a few days ago, she started telling us "tiny bit" stories. These stories she precedes with, "Okay, tiny bit!". She then tells us a story that is about one sentence long, then says "All done!" and giggles as she closes her book. This happened just a couple of days ago, and it is a great memory to take with me to my new place. I will miss hearing her tiny bit stories.

Overall, though, I am very happy to finally be moved in. It didn't go perfectly, in that all of my things could not be transported in one trip, and what was moved got wet because it rained today. But, the point is, I am here.

Comments:
Alway remember Steph; "no matter where you go...there you are!".
 
As much as I love Grand Rapids, I miss my family very much. I do my best to stay connected but my neices and nephews are growing like wildfire and I can't keep up. What's interesting is that I've become their cool aunt because I come to visit occasionally and I deliberately make our encounters intense and meaningful. We're still connected, just differently.

Blessings on you as you settle in to your new space and your new life.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]