Friday, September 22, 2006

Stretch

Finally, some time off. After what seems like months with next to no time off, I have a four day stretch of nothing but rest and relaxation. I worked 48 hours this week, and that feels like a short week. I've grown accustomed (though not comfortable with) working sixty or so hours. This "short" week feels like a vacation.

I had envisioned this morning would be one of sleeping in HOURS past the dreadful moment when my alarm clock would usually sound, but it turned out I could only swing an hour and a half of sleep-in time. That's okay, though. It honestly felt good to just get up, relax with a cup of coffee and some good TV, then get on with my day running errands. It just felt good to be doing something besides working, at an hour of the day that is closer to normal.

I am starting to feel more "normal", although "normal" is a relative term. Anyway, I am feeling more alive than I have the last few weeks. I don't feel like I am among the living dead, and I am hoping to be able to spend some time with a couple of friends this weekend.

It's a beautiful day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]