Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Your Christmas is Most Like: Miracle on 34th Street

Sweet and caring, Christmas is about helping for you.
While Santa may not exist, you try to share his spirit.
What Movie Is Your Christmas Most Like?


Well, not quite yet. But my favorite part of the fall season, other than the brisk cold and the beautiful colors, is that it is the perfect way to usher in the holiday season.

Let me be plain...I LOVE Christmas!

In just a few weeks, we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving, after which it becomes officially okay to begin putting up Christmas decorations, play Christmas carols, and start shopping for that perfect gift...More than all of that, though, it is the feeling of "peace on earth and goodwill toward men" that comes with the season, which I love most of all. For a few short weeks, people seem to be able to put aside differences in world views, social status, financial standing, etc...and we're on a level playing field, somehow aware of the tremendous grace that has been extended to each of us.

I do wonder why it is only at Christmas that we are able to extend this grace to each other. For all too brief a time, a glow settles over humanity, and we're all just...human. For a few weeks, anyway. Then, all bets are off.

It just occurred to me yesterday that this wonderfully delicious time of year will soon be upon us, and I couldn't help writing about it. The holiday season...more specifically, the Christmas season...seems to make all the garbage of the rest of the year somehow worth it.

I am already envisioning putting up a small Christmas tree in my little apartment, and celebrating my first Christmas in my new place. Maybe have a few friends over (no more than three at a time, due to limited space) for something Christmasy. I don't know. All I know is, I am very glad that this season will soon be upon us. I even called my mom today to see if she and my sister wanted to plan a trip to Bronner's next month. Silly? Perhaps. But, it puts a smile on my face and warms my heart, so it's all good.

Merry Christmas (a little early)!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]