Monday, February 26, 2007

Why I Hate Northern Michigan

So I was in a little accident yesterday. Despite my intuition telling me to do otherwise, I decided to venture out on the crazy icy roads. For the first little while, things really weren't so bad. Then, quite unexpectedly, the roads became very icy, and visibility was signifantly diminished. However, I could see well enough to see the person in front of me very quickly reduce speed. I attempted to do the same and lost control of my vehicle. I soon realized that my only option was to continue forward, and rear-end the person in front of me, who had come to a nearly complete stop. Or, I could attempt to avoid them by veering toward the shoulder, and hopefully hit a snowbank.

I did neither. My vehicle veered to the right all on its own, thanks to the blessed ice beneath my wheels. I avoided the driver in front of me, but ended up hitting the parked county cop's car. Yes, I know...of all the vehicles to hit, it had to be a police car. All in all, that may have been the better option. Had I hit a citizen's car, I not only would have been given the civil infraction for VBSL, but would have possibly been facing a civil complaint from a disgruntled citizen. As it was, the officer was very nice, very understanding, and nearly apologetic as he wrote out my ticket. It could have been much worse.

My vehicle sustained very minimal damage, and is still driveable. The damage to the car was so minimal, I'm not even sure I'm going to pay the deductible to have it fixed. It's already a hoopty car, and now more than ever. It is quickly becoming a redneck cadillac.

My body, however, is feeling every bit of the 40 mph impact. My neck and back are wrenched out of place, and I am in significant pain. I missed one day of work already, and it looks like more time off will be required so I can get the treatment I will need.

While everything has turned out fairly well, I am feeling a little frustrated. I was finally in a place where I didn't feel I was treading water financially, and was even ahead of the game. Now, between paying for my ticket and missing work, I am once again behind. I am trying not to feel too discouraged by this. I know that God has a plan, and I will see it unfold beautifully as time goes on.

Right now, though, I am going to take some ibuprofen and hope for the best.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]