Saturday, June 30, 2007

Time Out

Today has been a good day. I am tired, but it's a good tired. The kind of tired that comes from spending a day with people you love, doing things that are fun for their wonderful simplicity. It has been a very long time since I've had day like this...one that is fun, pressure-free, stress-free, and purely enjoyable.

I spent the day with two of the most wonderful guys that I know. We went to Mackinaw City, enjoying the tacky gift shops, followed by pizza at Mama Mia's. We crossed the bridge and went to da U.P., eh, and followed to road until we ended up at a fine arts festival. The festival was artistic, but hardly fine. A drunken singer provided the entertainment. I am fairly certain he was not drunk when they hired him, but he was decidedly inebriated by the time we arrived. His rendition of "American Pie" was nothing less than ugh-inspiring.

We talked of many things..."God Stuff", Jack Kerouac, tacky gifts in the tourist-trap shops, and taking road trips in egg-shaped travel trailers. We talked about Monday, and what news it might bring. I told Craig that if my enlarged lymph nodes mean I have cancer, and I need to get chemo or radiation, I am taking a serious road trip when it is all over. Life is too short and uncertain to wait for "someday" to come.

We stopped at a beach and went wading in the water. Well, Seth went swimming...The day was perfect for enjoying the water in whatever capacity.

We laughed. I have not laughed so hard in months.

We crossed the Mighty Mac again, and had Kilwin's ice cream on this side of the bridge. Excellent ice cream. Craig had to finish mine, because I could only eat about 1/4 of it.

The weather could not have been more ideal for a day such as today. The beauty of the north reminded me of God's eye for every detail, and that my own life does not go beyond His notice. Whatever Monday and everyday thereafter brings, my life is in His hands.

I am blessed. I am tired and in pain. A good tired. And the pain...well, it is there. Monday will bring some answers. I am blessed with wonderful people who will stick with me, no matter what comes.

Today, I experienced a "time out" from the uncertainty of what looms before me. For today, life seemed normal again, and I wasn't burdened (too much) by what I may be facing. For today, I could breathe.

Thank you, Craig and Seth, for a wonderful day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]