Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Late Night Conversations...With Myself

Recently, I thought about joining a water aerobics class. My physical therapist recommended this to ease the pain of my fibromyalgia. The class meets at 9 a.m., and I would have to pay for child care. But that wasn't the big issue. The big issue was that the class costs $40 a month.

Forty dollars is a lot of money, I told myself, and I am on such a limited budget. Then I thought about how much money I'd just paid to upgrade my cable package so I could enjoy sitting on my ass just a little bit more, and the aerobics class didn't seem so expensive.

I didn't join the class. On the flip side, though, I do like the cable package I am paying for.

Recently, I was on Facebook looking at all the updates my friends had posted. Most of it was stupid stuff about games they were playing, and that they had achieved "Chief Cowpie Flinger" on Farm Village, or some other such newsworthy events.

One of my Facebook friends posted pictures of a couple of family events. Now, one of my pet peeves is when people take pictures of objects by flipping their camera on its side, so they can get more in the vertical shot, and then posting that picture on Facebook, Twitter, or wherever...unedited. How difficult is it to rotate the photo before you post it? On Facebook, I think you can even do that right there on the website, so there are no valid excuses. So, anyway, she posted the pictures without flipping them first, and I wasn't about to hurt my neck trying to figure them out...so, sorry friend, but I didn't look at your neck-breaking pictures.

I'm kinda sad that "7th Floor West" is over.

And that's all.

Reader, please bear in mind that I have rare occasion for adult conversation in my life, as I am a full-time single mom to a seven month old. While his sweet little chatters are treasured, I crave input from other adults. I was going to say, "from my intellectual equals", but I must maintain reasonable expectations. Even my 5 year old niece has learned how to match wits with me from time to time, and that's not what I'm going for.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]